How Can We Help? Here are some important links:
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use Zōk?
Directions: Method 1
- Step 1: Deflate Zōk by squeezing the rubber bulb between fingers.
- Step 2: While deflated, gently insert Zōk into the outer ear to create an air-tight seal between the Zōk earbud and the ear. This seal should occur just past the entrance to the ear canal—similar to the positioning of an audio earbud. Do not insert the Zōk earbud any further than the entrance to the ear canal. If Zōk causes any discomfort or pain, discontinue use immediately. Maintain the bulb in a deflated state.
- Step 3: Maintain Zōk in a deflated state for 20-30 seconds. User will experience a mild sensation of increased pressure.
- Step 4: Pinch the Zōk bulb and gently remove from the ear.
- Step 5: Perform steps 1-4 for second ear.
- Step 6: Repeat 3-5 times, or until pressure or tension in head has eased.
Directions: Method 2
- Step 1: Without squeezing the Zōk bulb, insert Zōk into the outer ear to create an air-tight seal between the Zōk earbud and the ear. The seal should occur just past the entrance to the ear canal—similar to the positioning of an audio earbud (See diagram [diagram no.]). Do not insert the Zōk earbud any further than the entrance to the ear canal. If Zōk causes any discomfort or pain, discontinue use immediately.
- Step 2: Partially deflate Zōk by gently squeezing the rubber bulb. Do not fully deflate. Squeeze (partially) and release 5-10 times in each ear. User will experience a mild sensation of increased pressure.
- Step 3: Gently remove Zōk from the ear.
- Step 4: Perform steps 1-3 for second ear.
- Step 5: Repeat 3-5 times, or until the pressure or tension in head has eased.
How does Zōk work?
Zōk works by creating a light, negative or positive pressure influx (depending on which method you utilize— method one, or two, in which we recommend trying both to see which one provides the more noticeable relief), and by way of this slight influx of pressure, the tympanic membrane is slightly flexed, thereby creating a therapeutic effect and reducing the symptoms of tension, pulsating, and pressure ultimately through the stimulation of the cranial nerves within the ear.
The alleviation of tension and pressure by way of activating the various cranial nerves is achieved through sending repeated signals to the rest and digest part of the brain stem, which is the conclusion Dr. John Hatch has come to based on his research and clinical findings.
Will I experience immediate relief from tension and pressure?
Zōk has been designed to provide immediate relief from tension and pressure inside the head.
In some cases, it may take up to multiple weeks of continued use to begin experiencing a noticeable amount of relief from tension and pressure inside the head.
We recommend that you use Zōk at the onset of experiencing tension, pressure, and/or pulsating inside the head. Follow the directions as stated on the back of the box and on our website.
How long does the relief last?
Zōk can provide relief anywhere from an hour to multiple days.
Where is Zōk Relief located?
Zōk relief is a health technology company founded by Dr. John Hatch DACNB, FABBIR and is located just south of Salt Lake City in Orem, Utah.
Our manufacturing and fulfillment center for all domestic and international orders is located in St. George, Utah.
Is Zōk clinically tested?
Zōk has been tested and proven by medical doctors to holistic healthcare practitioners since 2015 here in the United States for its efficacy on patients suffering from the symptoms of headaches and migraines.
What types of Headache and Migraine Symptoms Does Zok work on?
There are many different forms and types of headaches, which can be caused by a myriad of reasons. Stress, anxiety, depression, lack of sleep or nutrition, menstruation, chemical imbalance and a range of additional factors can lead to the following types of headaches: tension headaches, cluster headaches, ocular migraines, and general migraines.
Symptoms of tension, pressure, and pulsating are commonly associated with headaches, regardless of the type.
Zōk has been developed to simply and immediately reduce the symptoms of tension and pressure inside the head through its innovative and non-invasive process.
I can’t get an airtight seal with the device
There is a small learning curve in the beginning for experiencing optimal results from Zōk. Obtaining the airtight seal can be the biggest challenge of the learning curve. If the lack of air tight seal is the challenge, what we recommend is to have the ear/ear canal cleaned as best as possible due to the lack of suction, as the majority of Zōk users who have challenges obtaining an airtight seal are a result of debris within the ear/ear canal. Secondly, ensure that the tip is inserted enough to the point where the flanges are able to grab on to the ear to create thet airtight seal (this is also very common with individuals who are not able to obtain an airtight seal starting out).
Lastly, wiggling the tip around near the ear while slowly releasing the bulb will help the flanges of the earbud to catch on to create the seal.
How often should I use Zōk?
We recommend that Zōk is used 2-3 times in each ear at the onset of symptoms of tension/pressure/pulsating within the head.
We recommend repeating 2-3 times per day if needed. However, Zok can be used as much as needed.
Which method should I use? How do I know?
We recommend trying both methods at first. After doing so, you will notice that one of the methods will work better than the other and provide more of a noticeable amount of relief.
Are there any side effects?
Due to the light amount of applied pressure modulation, there is a very low likelihood of any side effects. The rare types of side effects can range from an increased sensation of pressure in the ear to light-headedness.
If you experience discomfort or pain discontinue use immediately.Zōk is not intended to replace medication prescribed by a doctor. Zōk is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease.
How long does it take to ship?
We fulfill all orders within 24 business hours from our warehouse in St. George, Utah and estimate all packages to arrive within 2-4 business days in the United States.
International orders are shipped via global air express and will arrive within 9-14 business days. At the current time, expect international delays due to Covid-19. We are closely monitoring each international shipment to ensure that it arrives in a timely manner amids the current circumstances.
Is Zok safe for the eardrum/tympanic membrane?
We've used Zōk at numerous healthcare and brain rehabilitation centers for over five years seeing tremendous results simply due to the light amount of applied pressure, unless someone had a preexisting condition near the ear (e.g. ear infection, perforated ear drum, tubes, inner ear disorders, etc), which we would advise against usage in this case. Zōk only creates a light fluctuation in pressure modulation specifically for this reason.
Is Zōk a classified medical device with the FDA?
Zōk is listed and registered with the FDA as a class I medical device and can be found in their database listed as mentioned.
How do I clean Zōk?
We recommend using cleaning alcohol or alcohol wipes for cleaning the tip of Zōk.
Can I share Zōk with multiple people?
It would not be recommended if any users have been ill, especially any kind of ear infection, or if there is broken skin to share Zōk. Otherwise, wiping the device down with alcohol cleansing wipes is sufficient.